|Week of Februay 6, 2011 Shabbat Tetzaveh, 5771|
This week the Parasha of Tetzaveh תצוה is read.
Here is a link for a cartoon summary of the Parasha. We hope you enjoy it.
Exodus Chapter 27 Verse 20 to Chapter 30 Verse 10. There are 101 Verses which, by gematria, is קא. This word can be translated as "1 monkey". The code word is מיכאל which is a name of one of the 4 Arch Angels. Michael is the Arch Angel dealing with the energy of Chesed and also acts as the High Priest in the Elevated Temple (see below) in the spiritual worlds. One of the aspects of Chesed is cleansing. That is the essence of this Parasha as we will come to see. Just as there is a physical Temple there is a spiritual Temple. The elevated Temple mentioned above is that Temple in the spiritual world. Remember the adage as above so below!
There are 1412 אתיב words in the Parasha. In modern Hebrew (in reverse order) this word means the Beta version of a software program. It can also be translated as Aleph to Taf (All of the energy of the Hebrew Alphabet) את injected into the 12 יב Tribes of Israel. Energy or light in Kabbalah represents fulfillment. The Tribes represent the vessel. This word then represents the unity of the light and the vessel in the Endless World. This is because, in the Kabbalah, the 12 Tribes of Israel sometimes is a metaphor for the Endless vessel and the Hebrew Aleph Bet is the Light from the Endless World. In order to attain this level of consciousness one must first be cleansed from the physicality of this world. That is the purpose of this parasha as we shall see below.
Maftir: Exodus Chapter 30 Verses 8 to 10. There are 3 verses and 1 space.
Spaces: There are 10 spaces in the Parasha. 10 is the number associated with a complete stucture. We will see how the subjects of this Parasha relate to a complete structure as well.
Sephardim and Ashkenazim read the same Haftara:
The Haftara for Tetsaveh is Ezekiel Chapter 43 Verse 10 to 27. This is a total of 18 verses and 1 space. This teaches the unity of life as 1 connects to unity and 18 to the Hebrew word for life חי.
Written and Spoken Verses:
In the Parasha there is 1 word that is spoken differently than it is spelled. It is Chapter 30 verse 28. The word is written מטבעתו and is spoken מטבעתיו. Both words translate the same - "from its ring" (a component of the clothing of the High Priest). The difference of the spoken is that it means "from its rings in the plural" while the written is in the singular. This is coming to teach that one Chosen ring be connected to one Ephod ring not all connected together. This is an example of how the Torah teaches with a letter a practical law as well as a spiritual law. The practical law was just written above; the spiritual law is to not mix energies which is why we do not tie all the rings together as each ring represents a different energy of right and left.
In the Haftara there are 3 words that are spoken differently than spelled. The first two of the 3 are in verse 11. It is the same word written צורתו while spoken צורתיו. The written is again in the singular and the spoken is in the plural. The word means "form". The word form is used twice in the verse to discuss the internal and the external. The verse is speaking about the form of the Mitzvot including its Kavenah. The verse is teaching us about consciousness (Kavenah - intent) as well as the outward form of Mitzvot. Again one lette change teaches both a physical law and a spiritual law. Can you think about which is the phsyical law and which is the spiritual aspect within these words and this verse? Write to me if you want the answer.
Dots: There are no Dots over any letters in this Parasha or Haftara.
Large or Small Letters: There are no large or small letters in either reading.
Columns: All columns start with a Vav. There are 4 complete columns and 2 partial columns.
As promised, this year i will give some insights into the Haftarot.
It is actually easier to see the spiritual essence of the connection between this Haftara and the Parasha than it is to see the physical connection. The Parasha speaks about the clothes of the High Priest and the inauguration ritual while the Haftara is asking the people to look at how they do the actual Mitzvot. Both of these deal with consciousness and cleansing. On the physical level the Haftara is describing the Temple size. The only way to make the connection to the physical is to read verse 10 which tells the people to do Heshbon or calculation about the Temples design. When one does Heshbon one does so on both the physical and spiritual levels. On the action and the Kavenah involved in doing the Mitzvah. This is the connection to both the physical and spirtual essences of the Parasha and the Haftara.
To understand the essence of the Parasha, being cleansing, we must have read the Zohar. In the Zohar it explains that the 8 vestments of the high priest atone for the following items:
1. חשן Choshen - the Breastplate is a tool for cleaning judgment. This is also where we learn about the Boomerang Law. What we do is reflected back to us. When we judge others, we are judged by the heavenly academy. It is better to only judge ourselves than the heavenly academy has no permission to judge us.
2. את האורים ואת התמים the Urim and Thummim. These were tools to answer questions for the nation as a whole. Should we go to war and the like! The Zohar says that the Urim is the 72 Names of God and the Thummim is the 42 letter Name of God concealed in the Ana Bekoach. By following the directions of using these tools in our life we can know that our decisions will be correct as if we had asked the late model computer known as the Urim and Thummim.
3. מעיל The tunic of the High Priest cleanes evil speech. This is the lesson from the Zohar. This mistake is hard to cleanse. It is best to learn the laws of loshon HaRah (evil speech) as taught by the Chofetz Chaim. In our world it is as easy as receiving a daily email in the language of your choice. This will help us change our patterns of speech to avoid this negative action. Of course the study of the verses in the Torah dealing with the tunic of the High Priest is a good first step but it needs to be followed with this additional step as recommended above.
4. ציץ which is an engraved gold plate worn on the forehead of the High Priest. If this is not present his actions are Pasul (empty or rejected). The engraving are the words קדש ליהוה Kodesh to HaShem. This piece of clothing removes the traits audacity and insolence (Chutzpah) usually coming from a lack of boundaries. My sister used to say to me "i try to control myself but i reach a point of no self control". We all have the ability to limit our anger and ego and keep ourselves within acceptable boundaries. If you give yourself permission to exceed the societies boundaries you will find it uncomfortable from the chaos you create in your life. This is from the Boomerang Law which says each action is returned to you weather from positive actions or negative actions. Negative actions create your chaos.
5. המצנפת called the Mitre, which is a turban like headdress. This item of clothing cleans the ego. Ego is hard to understand that it is negative because the ego makes me who i am. In Kabbalah the ego is the evil inclination not what makes you who you are. That voice inside us that says go ahead and do what you want not what is best for the other person. This is the ego according to Kabbalistic. Practice thinking of sharing first rather than what i want first. This is what wearing the Turban headdress is about.
6. הכתנת The robe cleansing for murder. Of course nobody that i know does murder. Except you. Let me explain. Murder is not just taking a life; it is taking someones livelihood; it is limiting a child's ambitions (out of love of course); and many other examples. Try to think of how you do murder every week and then try to do Tshuvah to change it.
7. ואבנט the girdle or belt worn by the high priest. Some orthodox men wear this item of clothing also as a memory aid to separate the upper body from the lower body. To separate thoughts of God from our animal lusts. Of course many times the reminder is the cause of those lower thoughts. The girdle cleanses negative thoughts. Today we have the tool of one of the 72 Names of God עלם which appears in both the 72 Names of God and in the 72 Names from the Tzadikim indicating the need for this protection shield against our evil inclination sending us these negative thoughts.
8. There is an 8th piece of clothing for the High Priest. It is not discussed in Tetzaveh but elsewhere. It is the pants worn below everything else by the High Priest.
The fact that there are 8 items of clothing teaches us about the connection to Binah the eight Sephirah from Malchut (our physical world). Binah is a sepirah that is in unity with the upper 3 sephirot. Binah acts as the energy storehouse for our protection and for our expanded consciousness levels as well.
All of this can be connected to during this reading of the Torah. I hope you start your connection to the ultimate ark of today "THE ZOHAR". This is available on line in English and Aramaic for no payment of money. These links are available on our website at www.yeshshem.com. Of course there is no free lunch. One must be willing to change oneself in order for one to connect to the Zohar. Are you willing? Do you want to get closer to the creator? Do you want to help bring Mashiach? Do you want to live in a world free of worry and pain and strife. A world filled with Peace and Serenity. The first step is to connect to the Zohar. Please make this change in your daily life. It only takes 5 minutes or less and the benefits are enormous. This comes from the the goodness of the Creator. And he wants to always give you more goodness. It is us who stop the receiving because our vessels can not accept all of the endless light of fulfillment, just a limited amount. By using the Zohar and other tools of Kabbalah we constantly build our vessels to receive an always growing amount of goodness!
I hope you enjoy your Torah study this week. It is truly awe inspiring!
Enjoy the Reading!
P. S. I really suggest you read last years email to help you understand this years. The link is on the left near the top. It will help you to understand what is written here.
Are you interested in learning more Hidden Wisdom? This link will bring you to the mp3 files for the first classes of Spiritual Laws. Feel free to download them, listen to them, and forward the link to your friends and family!
If you are interested in Participating in the class click here to find out how! SPIRITUAL LAWS and How to use them in Your Life!
P. S. We are seeking donations to automate the return of Tikune information based on your English Birth Date. This will include What your Tikune relating to the Day of the Week of your Birth; What happened in History on that day; The Tzadim that celebrate their Hilula on that day; The Verses from the Torah that have your Tikune hints in them; and many other items relating to your individual Tikunes. If you can, Please contribute and share in the revelation of light associated with the spreading of this information. Go to www.Paypal.com and click on the send money link. Type in firstname.lastname@example.org and give what you can afford or if you want to truly understand Tzedakah more than you think You can afford. After all, Yeshshem is a truly poor person! We know that these funds will be forthcoming. It is up to you if you want to be part of this Light revelation. HaShem will replace this money 10 fold when you need it.
P.S.S. I am looking for volunteers to translate our recordings into many other languages. Come share in the revelation of wisdom. Use your native language skills. All you need is a cell phone that has unlimited long distance and approx 3 hours a week. Write to email@example.com if you are interested. You will be amazed how your life improves by this sharing!
Kabbalah Classes: Sunday: 10 AM Advanced Class Subjects. Monday 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM "Beginners Class Subjects".Tuesday at 7:45 PM "Readings and Teachings from Rabbi Ashlag". Wednesday at 10 PM. "The Kavenah of the Mitzvoth. Thursday 10 PM "A unique Zohar Class". Conference call to listen to the class is 213-289-0500 and the entrance code is 911904#. These classes are recorded and available to download and hear repeatedly at your leisure. The link to download is www.yeshshem.com and click on the Revealed Wisdom Link.
Kabbalah teaches that 10% of the money you earn belongs to someone else. There is no fulfillment from this money for you. This is why you get traffic tickets and major car repairs and other unexpected expenses. Instead of having those expenses why not donate to www.yeshshem.com where your money will be used to eliminate chaos in the world. Don't believe me but see if it works for you.
Announcement 3: This is a weekly e-letter about the Parasha. Sometimes there will be all of the links - sometimes due to time limitations there will not be be all of the links.
One of the main purposes of the Mitzvah of Hearing the Torah on Shabbat Morning is to receive the Metaphysical Energy we will need during the next week. Please strive to hear the Torah Reading each week for this benefit.
Chanoch Ben Yaacov
© 2021 www.yeshshem.com All rights reserved. Site development by Eltitude