|Week of February 8, 2009 Shabbat Yitro Shevat 29, 5769|
This weeks portion is called Yitro after the Father in law of Moshe. The shoresh for this name is Nun Taf Resh which means to hop or jump. Hebrew Grammer says put a yood in front of the word to conjugate verbs. Sometimes the Nun drops off as well. The meaning of Yitro then becomes His jumps.
The word Chotain which means father in law is read 8 time in the first Aliya. There are no wasted letters or words in the Torah so why do we need to hear Chotain - to know that Yitro is Moshe father in law so many times? The Gematria of Chotain is 458. The word with the same letters is Nachat which means to come down or to land or to calm down.
The relationship between Moshe and Yitro is one of Gilgulim Tikune. Correction manifested as reincarnation. Moshe is a reincarnation of Abel and Yitro a reincarnation of Cain. Cain was born with one twin sister representing his soulmate while Abel had two twin sisters representing his potential of growing spiritually during this lifetime. Cain killed Abel over the jealousy about a women. The Tikune was for Yitro to give Moshe his wife thereby correcting his previous action. This is why Father in law is repeated so many times (8) in the First Aliya. To facilitate the correction at that level (in their lifetime) and in our level (our lifetime). Hope you have removed your jealosy! if not you can try again next year.
In this Parasha is the first reading of the Esser Debrot. One interesting item to note. Many religions have a listing of the Esser Debrot that most of them call the Ten Commandments. Of course they are not commands but suggestions from a beneficial creator to help us avoid chaos in our lives. None of the other religions have the same list of Esser Debrot. So how do we know that our list is correct. I will leave that for you to answer but i will give you a hint. There are 620 letters in 172 words in this section of the Torah we call The Esser Debrot. It is the same number of Letters and words in the second listing of the Esser Debrot that occurs in the Torah. There are 32 differences between the 2 sections.
620 stand for the 613 Mitvoth that a Jew is responsible to perform and 7 that the other nations are responsible to perform.
The 172 words (Ayin Koof Bet) are a hint back to our father Yaacov which is spelled Yood 172. The yood has a gematria of 10 for the 10 Debrot composed of 172 words.
The 32 differences represent the 32 paths of wisdom that are spoken of in the Sefer Yetzirah.
The Portion of Yitro has 72 verses according to the Sages. The code word is Yonadav spelled Yood Vav Nun Dalet Bet. This word is a name for a person.
An interesting aspect of this information is that there are physically 75 verses in this portion not 72. This can be explained partially by the difference in Trope (the song associated with the Torah reading) between a public reading and a private study/reading. There are 13 verses in the Esser Debrot for a private study/reading and 9 verses for the Public reading. I am not aware of the other explanation yet. Does anyojne know? please advise by email.
Before we go into depth about the Esser Debrot, it is important to know that the Zohar goes into extensive explanations and information about Face and Palm reading at the beginning of the Portion of Yitro. This is in response to the suggestion by Yitro to Moshe about how the Torah court system is to be set up.
I recomend that people learn Face and Palm reading from a Kosher source. The purpose of this information is for you to monitor your own spiritual changes which appear on your face and palms as explained by the Zohar. It also helps to know that someone who is truly trustworthy will have 3 straight lines on thier forheard. For your information i only have 2 straight lines but i have been watching the third one grow accross my forhead for the last 7 years. This is an indication of my spiritual growth which recently has not been very rapid.
The Esser Debrot are as follows:
1. Anoki - On its surface there is no suggestion in this Debrot. Yet the suggestion is to Experience God. The Rambam in his list of Mitzvoth lists "to Know God" as Positive Mitzvah #1. How does one know God? ONe suggestion is to equate Knowing with Experiencing God. So how does one experience God. One level is intellectual to know that there is one God. Another is to experience cleaving to God per the teachings of Rabbi Nachtman of Breslov and the Baal Shem Tov. There are other methods also. If one is serious about this Debrot seek out someone experienced in deep Kosher meditation like Rabbi Bar Tzadok of www.koshertorah.com. The above is connected to the Sephira of Keter as is the 3rd verse of Chapter 1 of Beraishit where HaShem said "Let there be Light".
2. Lo Taaseh - Do not have other Gods before me. This represents the Sephira of Chochma as is Verse 6 of Chapter 1 of Beraishit where HaShem "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters etc."
3. Lo Tesah - Do not use the Name of God in vain. this represents the Sephira of Binah as is Verse 9 of Chapter 1 of Beraishit where HaShem said "let the waters gather together and let the dry land appear".
4. Shabbat - Honor (Parasha of Yitro) or Guard (Vaetchanan Parasha) Shabbat. This represents the Parasha of Chesed as is Verse 11 where Hashem said "Let the earth sprout vegetation etc".
5. Parents - Honor your Father and Mother. This represents the Sephirah of Gevurah as is Verse 14 where HaShem said "Let there be luminaries in the Firmament etc".
6. Lo Tirzach - Do not commit Murder. This represents the Sephirah of Tiferet as is Verse 20 where HaShem said "Let the waters teem with teeming creatures etc".
7. Lo Tinaf - Do not commit Adultery. The issue here is not just marriage it is trust and honesty. This represents the Sephirah of Netzach as is Verse 24 where HaShem said "Let the earth bring forth living creatures etc.".
8. Lo Tignov - Do not steal. This represents the Sephirah of Hod as is Verse 26 where HaShem said "Let us make Man etc".
9. Lo Taaneh - Do not bear False Witness. This represents the Sephirah of Yesod as is Verse 28 where HaShem said "Be fruitful and multiply etc.".
10. Lo Tachnod - Do not Covet. This represents the Sephirah of Malchut as is Verse 29 where Hashem said "(Paraphrased - This is the food for you to eat".
The Esser Debrot start with the Letter Aleph and end with a Caf Sofit. The gematria of these letters is 21. this is the same Gematria of Aleph Hay Yood Hay. The name of God from the level of Binah (understanding).
Ultimately the essence of this portion is Certainty and the elimination of Death at all levels. The more one learns about each of the above 10 Debrot the closer one can come to using this energy of Certainty to arrive at the level of Bela HaMavet HaNetzach. This level is to be able to "swallow up Death Forever".
Enjoy the Reading!
P. S. I really suggest you read last years email to help you understand this years. The link is on the left near the top. It will help you to understand what is written here.
Are you interested in learning more Hidden Wisdom? This link will bring you to the mp3 files for the first classes of Spiritual Laws. Feel free to download them, listen to them, and forward the link to your friends and family!
If you are interested in Participating in the class click here to find out how! SPIRITUAL LAWS and How to use them in Your Life!
P. S. We are seeking donations to automate the return of Tikune information based on your English Birth Date. This will include What your Tikune relating to the Day of the Week of your Birth; What happened in History on that day; The Tzadim that celebrate their Hilula on that day; The Verses from the Torah that have your Tikune hints in them; and many other items relating to your individual Tikunes. If you can, Please contribute and share in the revelation of light associated with the spreading of this information. Go to www.Paypal.com and click on the send money link. Type in firstname.lastname@example.org and give what you can afford or if you want to truly understand Tzedakah more than you think You can afford. After all, Yeshshem is a truly poor person! We know that these funds will be forthcoming. It is up to you if you want to be part of this Light revelation. HaShem will replace this money 10 fold when you need it.
P.S.S. I am looking for volunteers to translate our recordings into many other languages. Come share in the revelation of wisdom. Use your native language skills. All you need is a cell phone that has unlimited long distance and approx 3 hours a week. Write to email@example.com if you are interested. You will be amazed how your life improves by this sharing!
Kabbalah Classes: Sunday: 10 AM Advanced Class Subjects. Monday 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM "Beginners Class Subjects".Tuesday at 7:45 PM "Readings and Teachings from Rabbi Ashlag". Wednesday at 10 PM. "The Kavenah of the Mitzvoth. Thursday 10 PM "A unique Zohar Class". Conference call to listen to the class is 213-289-0500 and the entrance code is 911904#. These classes are recorded and available to download and hear repeatedly at your leisure. The link to download is www.yeshshem.com and click on the Revealed Wisdom Link.
Kabbalah teaches that 10% of the money you earn belongs to someone else. There is no fulfillment from this money for you. This is why you get traffic tickets and major car repairs and other unexpected expenses. Instead of having those expenses why not donate to www.yeshshem.com where your money will be used to eliminate chaos in the world. Don't believe me but see if it works for you.
Announcement 3: This is a weekly e-letter about the Parasha. Sometimes there will be all of the links - sometimes due to time limitations there will not be be all of the links.
One of the main purposes of the Mitzvah of Hearing the Torah on Shabbat Morning is to receive the Metaphysical Energy we will need during the next week. Please strive to hear the Torah Reading each week for this benefit.
Chanoch Ben Yaacov
© 2013 www.yeshshem.com All rights reserved. Site development by Eltitude