|Week of August 10, 2008 Shabbat Av 15, 5768|
This weeks Parasha is called Va'etchanan. It is a word that is unusual and therefore hard to translate. Actually it is one of many words that refer to prayer. The fact that it is not usually used, is a hint for us and the sages explain that its Gematria of 515 teach us that "if we pray for something 515 times we will receive it."
The Sages also tell us that thier are 118 verses in this portion and give us a code word that is spelled Ayin Zayin Yood Aleph Lamed which has a similar gematria. This word can be translated in many ways - one of them is Kel (God) is my strength or my intensity.
The portion of Va'etchanan is always read on the Shabbat before Tu B'AV. This year the Shabbat and Tu B'AV are the same day which reinforces the essence of the days energy.
Tu B'Av is the day of Zvug. The day of coupling or joining together. A very weak metaphor that describes Zvug is the Jewish Valentines Day. A stronger metaphor is sexual intercourse or Love.
That is the internal essence of this portion. Zvug is what must take place between people this week in order to handle the energy of the Full moon in the month of the Sun. In essence the energy is about unification and love.
That is why the second reading of the Esser Debrot - the 10 Utterances or Statements is within this portion. It is also why the Shma is in this portion also for a second time.
There is so much veiled in this portion it is difficult to speak of them in a short drash like this email. Yet i will try
1. There are really 122 verses in this portion. No the Sages did not lie to us. When we hear the reading the 13 verses of the Esser Debrot will be modified by the reader to reflect 9 verses. The reading of 9 verses changes the energy to be connected with the concept of a channel or flow of metaphysical energy. When we study the verses by ourselves than we need to connect to the energy of Unity which is represented by the 13 verses since 13 is the Gematria of Echad (ONe) and Ahava (love) and Deaga (caring).
2.In the Shma Israel there are two large letters in the Scroll. The Ayin of Shma and the Dalet of Echad. Together these spell the word Witness and one of the meditations when saying the Shma is to be a Witness to the Unity of God and Creation. Another meditation is Shma is Israel. The three letters of Shma - Shin Mem Ayin form the first three letters of the first three words of the last verse in the Haftara. They stand for Look up high and SEE -- the balance of the verse is Mi Bara Eleh which means "Who created these." The Zohar in its preface asks this question Who Created These? and then proves the adage that the Answer is always in the question. When one rearrangees the Hebrew letters of Mi Bara Ela. One finds the Name of God ELOKIM. The spiritual lesson among others is to always ask the right question in order to get the right answer.
3. There are 32 differences between the Esser Debrot in Yitro and the Esser Debrot in Va'Etchanan. See if you can find them!
Internal Essence of the Esser Debrot:
1. According to Rambam - Know that there is a First Cause - Know HaShem. Belief has doubt so make your connection to HaShem on the level of knowledge.
2. Know that everything comes from God and when we forget this and connect to money or fame or honor or even ourselves we are doing Idol Worship.
3. Learn to Call on the Name - this means make connection to God in as close a way as possible - perhaps even using the 231 gates that are delineated in the Sefer Yetzirah. The first book of outreach to people to learn how to Know HaShem.
4. Shabbat is spelled Shin Beit Taf. or Bat Shin which is the daughter of Shin which when fully spelled out Shin Yood Nun means The daughter with the gift of 50 gates of Understanding.
5. To honor your parents is to appreciate the Gift of Life they have given you.
6. Do not Murder means Do not destroy or even limit another person in thier spiritual or physical growth.
7.Adultery is totally about Trust - Do you Trust yourself? Do you trust HaShem? Do you Trust?
8. When one steals one disrupts the balance in the universe. If you desire something you don't have to steal it - manifest it in your life with balance - HaShem will give it to you - You do not have to take it.
9. False Witness is LaShon HaRah. LaShon HaRah - Evil Speech is not just saying something that is not true. It is saying something with the intent - concsious or unconscious - of hurting some one. What a beautiful dress your wearing! is LaShon HaRah unless the only reason you say that is to help the other persons self image and you say it where no one else can hear it.
10.Coveting is saying to HaShem - you are running the world incorrectly. Who has that much Chutzpah?
Have a beautiful week filled with much Love for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your friends, your nation, and the world.
This is the second of a weekly e-letter about the Parasha. Sometimes there will be all of the links - sometimes due to time limitations there will not be be all of the links.
One of the main purposes of the Mitzvah of Hearing the Torah on Shabbat Morning is to receive the Metaphysical Energy we will need during the next week. Please strive to hear the Torah Reading each week for this benefit.
Chanoch Ben Yaacov
P. S. It is my intention to automate the return of verses from the Torah based on your name. This will include a full Hebrew and English translation as well as Translations in other Lanuguages. To do this we need significant donations. Please contribute and share in the revelation of light associated with the spreading of this information. Go to www.Paypal.com and click on the send money link. Type in email@example.com and give what you can afford or if you want to truly understand Tzedakah more than you think You can afford. HaShem will replace this money 10 fold when you need it.
P.S.S. I am looking for volunteers to translate our recordings into many other languages. Come share in the revelation of wisdom. Use your native language skills. All you need is a cell phone that has unlimited long distance and approx 3 hours a week. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. You will be amazed how your life improves by this sharing!
Kabbalah Classes: Tuesday at 7:30 PM and Wednesday at 9 PM. Conference call to listen to the class is 309-946-5100 and the entrance code is 911904. These classes are recorded and available to download and hear repeatedly at your leisure. The link to download is Class Recordings and Handouts.
Kabbalah teaches that 10% of the money you earn belongs to someone else. There is no fulfillment from this money for you. This is why you get traffic tickets and major car repairs and other unexpected expenses. Instead of having those expenses why not donate to www.yeshshem.com where your money will be used to eliminate chaos in the world. Don't believe me but see if it works for you.
Announcement 3: This is a weekly e-letter about the Parasha. Sometimes there will be all of the links - sometimes due to time limitations there will not be be all of the links.
Chanoch Ben Yaacov
© 2017 www.yeshshem.com All rights reserved. Site development by Eltitude